PONTE VEDRA, Fla., Feb. 1, 2023 — Cadrenal Therapeutics, Inc., (Nasdaq: CVKD) a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing tecarfarin, a clinical-stage novel cardiorenal therapy with orphan drug and Fast Track designations, announced today the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) in support of the development of tecarfarin for the prevention of systemic thromboembolism, more commonly referred to as blood clots, of cardiac origin in patients with end-stage renal disease and atrial fibrillation (ESRD + AFib).
“We have assembled a world-class group of anticoagulant, medical and scientific experts to provide strategic guidance to Cadrenal,” commented Quang Pham, Chief Executive Officer of Cadrenal. “This diverse and talented group will be incredibly valuable as we look to accomplish our mission of advancing patient care in cardiorenal diseases.”
“Cadrenal is fortunate to have engaged thought leaders in the key disciplines involved in our tecarfarin program. We look forward to their guidance as we advance this program to completion,” said Dr. Douglas Losordo, Chief Medical Officer of Cadrenal.
Members of the Cadrenal SAB include:
Christopher Bull Granger, MD
- Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology at Duke University
- Director of Cardiac Care Unit for Duke University Medical Center
- Member, Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI)
- Principal Investigator, ARISTOTLE TRIAL
Elaine Hylek, MD, MPH
- Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine
- Section Editor for Thrombosis and Haemostasis and the Director of the Thrombosis and Anticoagulation Service at Boston Medical Center.
- Member, Evans Center for Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research, Boston University
- Associate Director of the Education and Training Division of the Boston University Clinical Translational Science Institute
Michael Gibson, MS, MD
- CEO of not-for profit Baim/PERFUSE Research Institutes
- Harvard University Professor
- Cardiologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center of Boston
- Founder and Chairman WikiDoc.org
Richard Whitlock, MD
- Cardiac Surgeon and Associate Professor at Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University Medical Center
- Investigator, Population Health Research Institute
Sean Pokorney, MD, MBA
- Designated as Principal Investigator
- Cardiologist, electrophysiologist and researcher specializing in patients with ESRD and AFib.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at Duke University and is a member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Co-Principal Investigator, RENAL-AF
Michael Lincoff, MD
- Vice Chairman, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- Director of Clinical Research, Lerner Research Institute
Wolfgang C. Winkelmayer, MD, MPH, ScD
- Chief, Section of Nephrology and Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
- Director, Selzman Institute for Kidney Health at Baylor College of Medicine
ABOUT CADRENAL THERAPEUTICS, INC.
Cadrenal Therapeutics is focused on developing tecarfarin, a novel cardiorenal therapy with orphan drug and Fast Track designations for the prevention of systemic thromboembolism (blood clots) of cardiac origin in patients with end-stage renal disease, or ESRD, and atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat), or AFib. Tecarfarin is a Vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulant designed to target a different pathway than the most commonly prescribed drugs used in the treatment of thrombosis and AFib. Tecarfarin has been evaluated in eleven human clinical trials and more than 1,000 individuals. In Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 2/3 clinical trials, tecarfarin has generally been well-tolerated in both healthy adult subjects and patients with chronic kidney disease. For more information, please visit: www.cadrenal.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects, as well as any other statements regarding matters that are not historical facts, may constitute “forward-looking statements.” These statements include statements regarding looking to advancing patient care in cardiorenal diseases and advancing the program to completion. The words “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “project,” “should,” “target,” “will,” “would” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including the ability to advance the program to completion, the ability to advance patient care in cardiorenal diseases and the other factors discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of the initial public offering prospectus filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date hereof and, except as required by federal securities laws, Cadrenal Therapeutics specifically disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Szot, CFO
Lytham Partners, LLC
Robert Blum, Managing Partner
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cadrenal-therapeutics-announces-formation-of-scientific-advisory-board-301735198.html
SOURCE Cadrenal Therapeutics, Inc.